Monday, September 6, 2021

Ruination

I got another unprompted email from Edward Marion. The subject line was "Ruination."


It reads: "History threatens to spill to the present, reopening old wounds that were stitched closed with amalgamate revisions. Ruination remains a strong possibility, threatening the locking of all progress made behind the infinite bars of failure. Distrust is necessary to explore beyond the facade of truth into the realm of impossibility.

Nothing is true. Not me, not you, not the propagating encore. All remains warped beyond the comprehension of the audience, leaving false beliefs in its wake.

I will solve the problem."

I got pissed off by this. I've asked, begged, for literally any information ever since I first emailed him, and I've gotten nothing. Just this shit. So, rather than continue to be nice, I let my irritation slip a little. 

I said: "Stop bullshitting me. You're speaking cryptically, like you have all the answers, but nothing has happened. What the fuck are you trying to do?"

I got an automated response. 


It's the same that it always is, except for the bottom part, under the dashes, which reads "End the problem". 

It feels like a taunting response to what I asked, even though I sent it almost immediately after he sent his original email. Did he know what I was going to say?

I haven't eaten. All I've done is sit in front of the TV and my computer, waiting for something. I don't feel safe leaving my home, or even my room. It keeps raining outside. Last night, I could've sworn that I heard whispering in it, and I keep seeing them in my dreams. Lily, Wyatt, and Nashiko.

I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment