Saturday, September 18, 2021

Riley & Penelope: Chat Log 6

Everything went wrong.

[/begin_chat_log]
8:50 [Riley] I don't have much time
8:50 [Riley] in a moment, your closet door will open
8:50 [Riley] go through so you can stabilize station 85
8:50 [Riley] you can fix this
8:50 [Riley] please, trust me

At that point, my closet door swung open. I went and looked. I blinked, and I was outside, on the path that Riley had said she was trapped at before. Nobody was in front of me. Not the receivers, not Nashiko, not Wyatt, and not Riley. However, I did hear a gasp, and felt as if the world had shifted behind me in an unbearably cold transformation,  so that whoever was there was gone. I couldn't focus on that, though. There was the irresistible feeling that something was wrong in the sky. 

I looked up, and I saw it. There was a hole in the sky, and I could see the Signal within. I then passed out, and dreamt. What I dreamt was seen in the rest of the video. 

Marionettes was communicating to me through my dreams. Edward managed to hijack it, taking control back for a moment to deliver his message. I was able to see his face unobscured for the first time. He looks dead. His message read:

"LIES WERE BELIEVED
SAFETY IS ABANDONED
PLAN WAS UPSTAGED
ALL IS THREATENED"

Scattered throughout the rest of his message was the station monitor system. I was able to see that the building was slowly regaining stability. First, it went from 0.0 to 3.5.

"NASHIKO SAW HER FRIENDS KILLED
IT SAVED HER BUT LEFT HER WITH RAGE
SHE IS NO LONGER PROTECTED"

The stability raised from 3.5 to 6.2.

"WYATT SAW HIS FATHER FIGURE DISAPPEAR
HE WENT SEARCHING AND FOUND HIM WRONG
HE IS NO LONGER PROTECTED"

The stability raised from 6.2 to 8.5.

"RILEY SAW THE LOSS OF ONE SHE LOVED
DESPITE HER WARNINGS, THERE WAS ONLY FAILURE
SHE IS NO LONGER PROTECTED"

The stability raised from 8.5 to 10. When it did, it could finally count the staff present, which was 4. Nashiko, Wyatt, Riley, and one other. Not me. The warning then changed multiple times. It started as "Warning: Avoid building at all costs." It then changed to "Warning: Station at full stability." After that, it changed to "Warning: Safe movement is no longer possible." Finally, it changed to "Warning: Hide."

The Signal interrupted Marionettes, at that point, taking control back from Edward. It said: "presence of transmission tower 1 has transmitted desired stability to station 85"

It then switched back to the chat log. I could still see it, in my dream, but it engulfed the whole of my vision. It changed, and someone else started talking. Not Riley. This entire time, it wasn't Riley. Not since she closed the original chat thread to me, back when Marionettes was taken over by the Signal.

: [U0lHTkFM] thank you for your help
: [U0lHTkFM] it is only a matter of time now

The name is base64, which translates to SIGNAL.

After that, there was one last message from Edward. 

"SAFETY COMES FIRST
I WILL HIDE
ONLY SILENCE"

The Signal completely wrested control back at that point, and shut Marionettes back down. I saw the broken Upstaged Communications logo until I woke up. I was back in my chair, like nothing had happened. The broken logo was on my screen. My closet door was closed. I thought that it was just a nightmare, but then I picked up the broadcast on my television.

In roundabout terms, Edward told me to not trust Riley. I thought this was a trick, or that he was out to stop me, but he wasn't. He was trying to warn me that she wasn't real. She did say Ed in chat log 5, which I've only heard the Signal use. I should've known. Especially with the interjected warning on Amygdala Simulation 4.

I don't know what will happen, now that Station 85 is stabilized. I thought it'd fix things, but it didn't. It made things worse. 

Everything went wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment