Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Project Assembly Line 0: Project Proposal

I got another download prompt from Marionettes today.


I downloaded it.

What I got was this image:




It's the original file that was sent to the board by Edward to start Project Assembly Line. It reads:

"UPSTAGED COMMUNICATIONS
PROJECT ASSEMBLY LINE
Submitted to the board for approval on October 17th, 2006.

To the board,
I trust that you are all staying safe; it should be impossible to penetrate the room's defenses by the unseemly forces currently working against us. As per your request, I have identified the cause of the unfortunate circumstances we have found ourselves in, and have theorized a potential solution for the current problem. 

A flaw was found within Marionettes, exploited by SIGNAL through an unwitting vessel in Penelope Adams, which has resulted in the contamination of Upstaged Communications. It has spread through all stations with little difficulty, due to the increasing instability meshing them all together, and it has claimed almost all employees as receivers. However, it has experienced an unexpected roadblock; it is unable to propagate beyond the stations without a second active transmission tower, which it lacks due to my efforts. This leaves it vulnerable. 

The solution I am proposing will result in the recapture of SIGNAL, and trap it in a new host. This is Project Assembly Line.

The first step is to deactivate the current primary transmission tower, Penelope. This means it must be unwound from her hippocampus and amygdala. To free her hippocampus, the history of Upstaged's relationship with SIGNAL must be amalgamated into her mind, overwhelming it, ensuring a release. To free her amygdala, the primary source of her fear must be conquered, so that she is able to fight back. Following that, regaining control of Marionettes is imperative, while the removal of all tainted employees is necessary. Finally, Marionettes will be used to erase the amalgamated memories within her, which will result in the complete deactivation of the transmission tower, while forcing SIGNAL to become dormant.

I have assembled the remaining employees into a group willing to carry out Project Assembly Line. However, for this to work, I will need access to the entirety of Upstaged Communications, which requires your approval. 

Please let me know your response as soon as possible. I would be happy to find you in person to discuss this in further detail. I know how to find you. 

Thank you,
Edward Marion
Upstaged Communications HR
Dpt. 85"

This is project Assembly Line.

I don't know how to feel. The plan is to have me learn everything important about the Signal and Upstaged, free me of my fears somehow, retake Marionettes, remove all "tainted" employees (which sounds bad), and then use Marionettes to erase my memories. Just... proof. Gone. 

I kind of want that. This entire thing has been awful. I've been learning about and doing things that I never would've thought possible, and it's horrible. I feel like everything is my fault. I don't want to deal with it. I just want it to go away.

I don't know what it means by remove the "tainted" employees, though. I assume that means the receivers? What does remove mean? Thinking about it, I haven't heard from most of the past employees since Upstaged closed. Riley mentioned death being a possible solution... well, I hope there's a way out for Lily, Joshua, and Thomas. I don't want them to be hurt. They didn't do anything. All of this was my fault. 

Riley did offer me a way out. I'm sure there's a plan for those three, too. 

If this is what it takes to fix everything, I'll do it. I'm just worried about whether it'll actually work. I didn't remember what happened to Upstaged after the station closed, and completely forgot about it all until I received this package. It must've been a clean memory swipe, too, because Riley said I saw her in 2016, but I didn't recognize her. I think I would've recognized her, after everything we did together, but I guess not. So what happened? Why didn't it work? What's different this time?

I trust Riley and Edward. I'll do whatever it takes. I'm just worried things won't end the way they're supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment