Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The future that never was

I received an email from Edward today. Unprompted.


It's another story from Edward. It reads:

"In the future that never was, I watched as it began to rain. It spilled like tears onto the ground, the sky crying from the horror it was forced to bring to the world. The rain pierced the minds of all it could reach, toxic well water it had created now evaporated into the sky to infect the ones below. Toxic well water composed of lies it whispered so truthfully. Everyone was turned, slowly, as the rain melted away their sense of self, and eventually their life. Nothing was left behind but empty shells, devoid of any humanity, ready to be puppeteered by the one anathema to nature.

Survivors locked their doors and boarded up their windows, desperate to escape the rain. The storm. But as the days went by, they heard a tapping against their windows. Incessant, endless tapping. It quickly started to drive people mad, as nothing could block it out. It doesn't matter how deep into silence they tried to dive; the tapping always wormed its way in. No way to block it out, people began to give up. They opened the doors, and walked into the rain, where they were welcomed into the cold, murderous arms of its storm. All fell in time. Then a deal was struck, and the sun was finally able to shine through.

Do you hear it tapping against your window?"

When I saw that Edward emailed me, the contents of what he said were secondary to my concern for his and the other's safety. As such, I just skimmed what he sent, and frantically emailed him back, asking if he was safe to send that to me, what was going on in there, and if he was okay.

I got the automated response.


The message at the bottom changed. It now reads:

"Upstaged Communications is aware of the continued issues surrounding Marionettes. We will focus on repairing it and installing necessary updates as soon as possible. All necessary changes for the futu[/////]
Do you fear its storm"

It seems that Edward is trying to repair Marionettes. 

I've been putting off what I need to do. Honestly, I'm still scared. Scared that this will somehow all backfire, and I'll end up ruining everything. Like I apparently did before. I know what he's telling me, though. I know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment