Sunday, October 10, 2021

Letter from Riley 2

I wasn't expecting anything more, but I got another download request from Marionettes today.


It's called "letter(1).pdf" and it's only a page long. It's another letter from Riley.


This is what it said:

"Penelope,

Congrats on finishing the first part of this thing. I know it's painful to learn about your history, and the history of this entire thing, but you did it. The first step's done.

The next step is to free your amygdala. Like Edward said, to do that, you need to face your fears, and wrest control away from it. Prove it has no control over you. First, you have to help retake Marionettes. You're afraid of messing up again, and giving it more control, so you have to do it right this time. It's also important if any of us are gonna survive. No pressure or anything. 

In the next 24 hours, I'm going to go into the Marionette's central server room, and I'm going to try to just mess it up. It should lead to a chain of errors, which you can use to enter the pages the Signal normally wouldn't want you to get into. Fun little exploit, isn't it? It should eventually bring you to the admin control page, where you can switch ownership back to Edward.

The Signal is probably going to try to use Marionettes to stop you. Distract you. Don't focus on the distractions. That's how it was able to get out in the first place. Focus on fixing things. After that, Marionettes will be retaken, which is important for everyone's future, and the first step in freeing your amygdala.

You know what to do after this. I'll contact you again when I can. 

     - Riley"

Just to verify what Riley was saying, I emailed Edward, asking him what I should do next. I got an automated response:


It's the same, except for the bottom part, which reads: "Next is cutting strings of control"

It's almost creepy how he always seems to know what I'm going to ask. 

I'll be sitting here, waiting for it to start. I'm guessing I'll see an error prompt when it happens. 

It was mentioned before that Riley seems to be reaching through the errors. That matches what the exploit is, which gives users access to things they wouldn't normally be able to access with the errors. I'll focus on those. Anything else might be a distraction from the Signal. 

I won't let myself get distracted by anything I see. I have to do this. I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment