Thursday, August 26, 2021

Safety comes first

I got another email from Edward Marion. I've been messaging him every day, trying to get any explanation for what's happening, any guidance, anything. Then, just a few minutes ago, I got this email. Entirely unprompted.


The subject line is "Safety comes first" and it reads:

"When one is faced with a hazard like this, there are several actions that must be taken. First, one must amalgamate the threads together, tying them into a ratking of contemplation and corruption. One must then have their mind sealed, and then have their memories and history buried deep within the well, blocked for all eternity. It is only then that containment is secured. However, if remembrance is forced upon the victim, then cracks start to form. If recontainment isn't achieved then complete and utter destruction is the only solution.

There are old and new threads. It is in the rain."

Amalgamate is a word that has popped up a couple times, and the idea of a well has been mentioned again. There's also the mention of the rain again.

I don't know what the Signal is. Not really, at least. No more than you. I'm scared to learn.

Eating hasn't made me less hungry, so I've stopped eating. Nothing has changed. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious. You seem kind of manic about eating, are you eating normal food? You said that you think Edward is eating too, but if you're just eating then I think Edward has a different definition of that word.

    On another note, I've been emailing Edward as well. Here are the two emails I sent that got replies, as well as the replies I got:

    Email 1:
    Me: Hi Edward, it's me again. I'm curious about what is hungry, and what is that thing hungry for? What have you been eating recently? Has Penelope been eating the same thing? I'm guessing that you're pretty busy, so get back to me when you can. Thanks!

    Edward: Pigs for the slaughter remain unconsumed, lacking a second transmission tower

    Email 2:
    Hi, Edward.

    So jokes aside, where is station 85 located? I want to pay a visit sometime soon. Your employees seem pretty friendly.

    Yours truly,
    My name

    Also, why do you have an answering machine for your personal email? You obviously respond to people so just cut to the chase, bro!

    Edward: Safety comes first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are actually numbered in reverse chronological order. And I said "jokes aside" because I had sent a couple troll emails first.

      Delete
    2. I've been trying to eat normal food. Just whatever I can get from the store, going out to different kinds of restaurants, all of that. It does nothing. Edward seems to have a better source of sustenance, but I'm not sure what it is.

      Edward's response to your email asking about the hunger is unnerving. I'm not sure what it means.

      I didn't know that he was responding to other people at all, actually. Thank you for informing me of his responses. I wonder who else he's been in contact with?

      Delete
    3. I'm having Subway with Sun Chips and Faygo right now! :)
      Not to sound condescending, but you have realized that Edward most likely isn't a person, right? And if he is, he certainly doesn't function like we do. My point is, he probably doesn't get sustenance like you would think. And based off of this most recent email, and your recent mania when it comes to food, I would guess that somehow you are being conditioned to feed as he does. I think he's feeding off of the coworkers that have disappeared. His email to me would indicate that as well.

      So if you want my advice, here's how you should handle this situation. Stop trying to satisfy your urges. Instead, look for the source of them. I would start with that TV broadcast first.

      Delete